Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Matthew 2:13-15 by Jen S.

Two Saturdays ago my youth pastor, Jessika, asked us to go "Treasure hunting". Treasure hunting is when you ask the Lord who He wants you to pray for, speak to, etc. I won't lie at first I thought that was dumb, but being the obedient person I am (lol), I prayed, and I GOT SOMETHING!

At the city wide outreach our church had, we had the opportunity to "treasure hunt", I shared what God had given me and waited for who God wanted me to pray for. "cricket, cricket" no one answered. That moment was one of the most awkward moments ever. I became very discouraged and a few days later was still rehashing it. "Was it God?", "Was it me?", and God answered.

That day I read Matthew 2:13-15 which relates the story of how Joseph heard from God to take Mary and the baby Jesus to Egypt because Herod wanted to kill Him.

Now imagine if Joseph had sat there and questioned if it was God who had told Him to go. Herod wanted to kill Jesus!! There was nothing for Joseph to think about!

It may sound silly, but we do the exact same thing. What God gives to us can save another person's life, but we get caught up in ourselves, our doubt, and our emotions, and many times we don't step out.
Let's say Joseph wouldn't have obeyed?!? God would have found another way to get Jesus away. God will make a way to touch people's lives, He will make a way to save people. If I wouldn't have shared what He gave me, He would have given it to someone else. Will you let Him use you?

He wants to stretch me, to get me out of my comfort zone, not to condemn me. I can stay a little seed all I want, but God wants me for so much more than that. I can't stay put, we must always move forward, and if you feel discouraged for stepping out and not seeing immediate results, don't feel condemned. Remember 1 Cor. 3:6 says, "I planted, Apllos watered, but God gave the growth"

So even if no one responded to what I had to say, God is responsible for the growth. I am content knowing that God can trust me with a simple message. I hope this encouraged you for times you feel like you have "missed it".

Jen S.

No comments:

Post a Comment